Friday, August 13, 2010

The Great Geek Rage Repurposing!

For those of you who have followed my blog through its stagnation, allow me to say this to you: Thank you. However, it has come time for me to re-design this blog for a new purpose. Many of you may notice that this will no longer be entirely about cult and culture, and take on a more pretentious air. Others of you will notice that it seems to be more about books and less about ranting. One or two of you will act like illiterate morons. To you I say, "You are morons and I want my five bucks."* The weird text colors will remain. I will swear, though there will be less of it. Hopefully, the vitriol will remain. I am going to put myself through fantasy book hell for the purposes of a more civil discourse, and the possibility that someone is going to read this.


So for all of you that this sounds okay to, welcome. To all those who got here from working through the archives, welcome. To those of you who are illiterate morons, go back to playing the fucking banjo or performing some other edifying activity (I am sure you are behind on your quota of yelling "Fag!" or equally stupid sentiments to people online) and leave me alone.


Next week (tentatively): Either a review of Private Midnight by Kris Saknussemm, Kraken by China Mieville, or Outrageous Fortune by Tim Scott, depending on what I can get my hands on and finish and all that jazz. See you next Friday.


*For the three of you who got this reference to obscure British newspaper contests and memes that originated from them, awesome. For the rest of you, (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_Lud) For the morons who are still here, screw you.

No comments:

Post a Comment