Monday, August 30, 2010

Community Stuff

So I'm participating in this thing called the Book Blogger Hop this weekend, in the hopes that I can get things out into the community. There are some pretty interesting blogs on here, but I'm not going to play favorites or point them out, as the best stuff is discovered by chance or accident. 


In any case, their question was "Do you use a ratings system for your reviews, and if so, what is it and why?"

I don't use a ratings system. I used to when this blog was still a twinkle in the milkman's eye, but when I started doing books almost exclusively, I dropped it. I figured I was already telling someone whether the book was bad or good, so I didn't need to put a summation up quantifying exactly how bad or good the book was. If it was good, it was good. If it was bad, it was bad. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I don't use rating systems, either. Sometimes, a book can be good overall, but there are somethings that need to be pointed out. A rating system can't be a clear gage of that.

    Hey, in the interest of putting things out into the community, would you be interested in a blogger interview? I run a series of them on my site every Friday. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. What I had been trying to say was that I'd love to do an interview for you. I'm starting out for the second time, so I'm not sure how much I can comment on, but an interview would be great.

    Thanks for the opportunity and the comment on here.

    ReplyDelete