Monday, November 5, 2012

State of the Blog: BEWARE, I LIVE!

So, sorry this isn't the post you guys are probably looking for, but I need to move a few things around. As you know, last week the Eastern seaboard was hit by a massive storm that knocked out most of the power*. I was out for the whole week, a week spent either weeping openly, or screaming at the PSEG trucks driving by my house**. 

I've also kind of been in a bit of a slump recently where reviews are concerned...if you notice, there are a lot more articles. I've been trying to get my happy medium back, but I may need some time to decompress. I went from a high-stress environment at home to a very low-stress but highly-exhausting situation at the last con I went to.

So: I'm sadly cancelling the Halloween Special this year***, gonna bounce back when I can finally get the My Work Is Not Yet Done review up, and we'll see how things go. I will say this, though: I am not going away, and the road piece on NekoCon is forthcoming. See you in a few days!







*Had I only stayed in Honolulu...
**And before you say "You shoulda bought a generator" or "You should have prepared better", screw you. I'm poor right now, and we did the best we could. Especially when the east coast is heavily dependent on infrastructure that was ripped apart by the high winds and the water. To say nothing of the stuff that was on fire for three days.
***I know, no caffeinated foghorn voice or pockmarked face to look at. C'est dommage.

No comments:

Post a Comment